Jammu and Kashmir is the northern most state of India which holds special status as per Indian Constitution. There are more such facts about Jammu and Kashmir that can surprise you, here is the sneak peek:-
- Kashmir is famous for snow clad mountains but Jammu does not witnesses snowfall at all
- The temperature in Jammu goes as high as above 45degrees in summers
- Jammu has Hindu population in majority while Kashmir has Muslims in majority
- The overall literacy rate in Kashmir is higher than India and Pakistan
- There is no train connectivity from Jammu to Srinagar
- Kashmir is located close to 3 nuclear-armed countries, with the fourth also in relative vicinity
- Kashmir has a population of over 12 million, more than individual populations of as many as 133 independent nations of the world
- You cannot buy a property in the state if you aren’t a citizen of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Kashmir means “desiccated” as Sage Kashyapa drained a huge lake to create Kashmir
- Jahangir visited Kashmir’s beautiful valley 13 times during his reign
If you too know about unknown facts of Kashmir, do leave your comment in the box below.